BSOD everytime after installing xp

Nitrosoxide13

Ive been continually getting a BSOD all the time after installing a my iso of nlite with sp2 slipstreamed it installs fine but i always get the BSOD during the xp boot screen and it restarts before i can read it and it always gives me windows did not start correctly tried safe mode same thing. I have added other patches the the install and removed some stuff and turned off SFC and patched tcpip.sys to 50 and used the uxtheme patch but now with just slipstreaming sp2 only im getting a error when windows loads the text installer from the disk "usbehci.sys is corrupt" Also this is a dell xp recovery disk.

First of all, this should be posted under the nlite section. Thats for next time. I suggest U get a different XP source. Repair disks are never a good choice. Then things should be fine, because nlite usually doesnt make errors. Are U using the rc7 version?

Nitrosoxide13 - are you using the CD you have made on the Dell machine that the recovery disk came with?

it may not work as some recovery disks use modied sources than what would be found on a normal XP OEM/retail CD.

Further, it may be bios locked and other things so its something to consider when using a source from a Dell recovery CD.

[and i think its been mentioned before so do try and search first before posting a thread]

Regards

Nath.

I have used the Dell CD's with NLite and not had any problems, but you should know that the product key included with the CD will usually on work on the computer it came with (or at least only with Dells). If this is recovery CD rather that an actual OS CD, then it probably won't work.

I purchased a Dell laptop not too long ago with XP Pro. Now I almost never use the computer as it comes out of the box (as I would assume most people here), but the problem was that Dell did not provide the media for the operation system, so modifying and re-installing the OS was a little more difficult. I had an XP pro, SP1 CD that came with another Dell I have. I was able to slipstream SP2 and updates and make the changes I wanted with NLite and install using that disc (keep in mind that I had paid for a license for XP pro with both computers). But anyway, it worked fine--I guess my point is that it is not necessarilly the Dell CD.