got it working, rocketdock/widget stuf

wickerwolf

hi ive got rocketdock http://www.punksoftware.com/rocketdock its a kewll freeware object docking tool and i want to have it on my windows unnatended so when i start its there all setup ready, at the moment ive got it all set up with my custom folders etc on it but how do i incorparate this into xp unatended setup? would i have to make rocketdock install from wpi and add registry settings?

Thanks

Edit - ive figured it out, rocketdock comes in its own self extracting setup file and no switches work on it so ive extracted and recompiled it using astrum install wizard, and it now installs using the "/silent" switch, ive atached the recompiled ersion at the bottom incase any1 wants it :)

also for the registry if you install it on your current system get all the icons how you want them then go into your registry and export the folder [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RocketDock-v0.9.4] then just add this .reg to your setup in wpi just be sure to recreate the file structure eg if you changing the icons and your using ones from say C:\windows\themes then copy them all into the corrosponding $OEM$ folder

Edited by wickerwolf

I tried this app once but its only an app launcher... not a taskbar replacer, opened or minimized windows wont appear on the dock.

I think Objectdock is still the only good dock for windows, not as light on resources but works very good.

RK Launcher is better with resources but still in early development stage.