Installshield issues

wickerwolf

hi on the main page tutorial it says

"Start the setup application using the -R (case-sensitive) switch from command prompt.

Setup.exe -R

The setup screens will appear as they normally would, asking you questions as you go along, such as destination directory, etc. It's important that you do not choose the "Restart the computer now" option. If you do, you will terminate your batch when you run an unattended installation.

After installation has completed, go to your C:\Windows\ (or C:\WINNT\) directory and take out the setup.iss file. Put this setup.iss file in the same directory where your application setup.exe file resides in."

ive done this for both midinotate and for mindsoft utillities and neither 1 has made the setup.iss file in my C:\windows folder does any1 know whats gone wrong?

thanks

If setup.exe is within a WebPackageInstaller, then you may need to use -a -r (not case sensitive for installshield). If it has an msi inside instead of setup.exe, then no recording is available.

You may want to check out the InstallShied Knowledge Base. I believe it's within the Macrovision web site now :puke: but regardless, it's one of the most complete resources I've seen a software publisher make available.