managing shared workbook

implodium

I have a problem with shared workbook. I've taken all the required steps to protect and share the

workbook, but there's one (so far elusive) "feature" : all users that can read the file still can remove other

users from workbook sharing. I tried to share and protect the workbook but the button "remove user"

(in workbook sharing window) is still active and working (tested on other machines !).

I followed the instructions i found one the net, to the letter, and it still isn't working.

Supposedly, i alone should "have the power" to remove users from shared workbook.

NOTE: the workbook is shared on a network drive available only on the intranet and i have full access

control over the folder where is resides, meaning i can add/remove users and set access permissions.

MORE: I have found that limitng access to certain ranges in worksheet does not work if access permissions

aren't correctly set. Simply the range protection won't work. Excel does no warning about this issue.

I added this hoping that similar problem plagues the above mentioned "remove user" issue.