just got win2003 server

prx984

i try to install windows 2003 server enterprise on my laptop and i get the following error when it tries to start windows part, just before you tell it what to do and where to install, basically the boot off the cd part. heres the error i get

<bsod>

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appeares again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP : 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x8103DC40,0xFA89EB9C,0xFA89E898)

</bsod>

im clueless, anyone have any ideas? please! i really wanna try this version of windows (i payed 4000 bucks for it!!! :realmad: ok, well i didnt, my dads company did, but we had to buy a license for it, i payed for it myself, so its a lot of money to me) anyone please help me here!!!

PS: i just started the install from windows, i dont know if this will work at all for me, but please i need help here, im not that bright when it comes to this stuff. :(

Edited by brian10161

That is basically an error related to hardware, there may be some hardware/driver that is not supported by Windows Server.

And if that so, you will not able to install the Windows.

Pawan

nfh3ew.jpg

i was starting to think that may be it. i changed the hard drive to a blank one thinking maybe XP isnt really supposed to be on it, but that didnt work either.

-brian

Edit :

actually... now that i think of it, i have 2 sticks on ram in this comp, one 32mb and one 128mb, the 128 is 133 mhz, and the 32 is 66mhz, maybe that could be doing it, ill take out the other chip and try again.

Edited by brian10161

well , its a dell inspiron 7000 with 224mb of ram, ati rage pro 3d 4mb, 12gb hdd, 14'' monitor. i tried removing the 32mb of ram and that didnt work either. im at a loss, if it wont install, thats fine. ill just keep XP on it. its running good enough for me. thanks guys.

-brian