Uninstalling Yahoo toolbar

coocy

:huh:

HI everybody,

I have a Question:

I just installed yahoo messenger and it automatically installed the Yahoo toolbar in FireFox.

So : I uninstalled the yahoo toolbar from the control panel and even uninstalled FireFox and re-installed

it again BUT the Yahoo toolbar still appears in FireFox.

Does anyone have a solution for me? :}

Thanks,

Coocy

very strange, i have had troubles with yahoo toolbar installing with programs and adding itself to internet explorer, but not firefox, ill have to watch for it.

there are afew places i can think of you could quickly check, first just the extentions manager of firefox, under tools > extentsions. if the yahoo extention is there, you should beable to remove it just by clicking the yahoo toolbar extention in the extention window, then click the uninstall button for it.

next thing i would check would be the folders for extentions, assuming your using windows xp, these would be them (only 2 that i know of, might be more, someone correct me if im wrong), you will need to replace <username> with w/e username of the account is, and the ******** will be some random alpha numbric combo

C:\Program Files\Firefox\extensions

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\********.default\extensions

the extentsions are put into folders with things like {9e96e0c4-9bde-49b7-989f-a4ca4bdc90bb} as the name, each of these folders is an extention, go through the folders and subfolders till you find something about yahoo and delete the {x-x-x-x-x} folder it is in, start firefox and it should be without the yahootoolbar. hope this works!

edit : alternatively, just delete all the subfolder in the two extention folders listed up there

Edited by doodr