I'm new to Reg tweaks what's wrong with these?

Guest kruze

Guest kruze

Hiya,

I have been reading a book about WinXP tweaks and stumbled on a particular registry entry that is fine when I amend the data manually but when I create 2 reg keys to ENABLE / DISABLE they don't seem to work. I check in regedit before and after double-clicking the .reg file and the values are the same as when booted.

Is this because I need to reboot to initialise any change? I'm attempting this now but have continued to post incase I'm wrong and someone can reply before I return :P

Here are the keys, please let me know if there's something blatantly stupid that I've done / missed etc...

The registry tweak is to get just the XP kernel to run from memory and not to use the pagefile.

reg_keys.zip

Thx in advance

hello,

The section CurrentContolSet001 & 002 are backups. They are used if you need to use teh LastKnownGood option minly.

I would go to the keys and make the changes and then export them, that way you get it in the correct format.

Changes to the registry are instant, you cannot use an undo or exit no save.

Guest kruze
hello,

The section CurrentContolSet001 & 002 are backups. They are used if you need to use teh LastKnownGood option minly.

I would go to the keys and make the changes and then export them, that way you get it in the correct format.

Changes to the registry are instant, you cannot use an undo or exit no save.

I have now looked at CurrentControlSet and exported these keys, having noticed the 001 and 002 are backups as you mentioned. All OK now :D Thx pal!

Edited by kruze