unable to install on Dell gx620

Everything works great on a c840 laptop but on a gx620 i login and then it skips the image selection screen. It just doesnt show. Then it shows the other screens and then it starts setup and it gives me an error. Apparantly the image i selected does not contain the required network drivers. But I never selected an image!

Help?

Are u using the same credentials for logging on both the comps? if not, one of the users might not have access (Read & Exec) on the .sif file of that image (if it is split that is...).

Later..

Are u using the same credentials for logging on both the comps? if not, one of the users might not have access (Read & Exec) on the .sif file of that image (if it is split that is...).

Later..

Yep same credentials. :}

Then there is going to be some HAL checking, and only images matching the current machine's HAL will be displayed to the user. If only one image matches, you'll get this behavior - it'll automatically select the only image it can.

You can get around this by modifying the riprep image files a bit - it's been discussed here before.

Then there is going to be some HAL checking, and only images matching the current machine's HAL will be displayed to the user. If only one image matches, you'll get this behavior - it'll automatically select the only image it can.

You can get around this by modifying the riprep image files a bit - it's been discussed here before.

edit: Oke im gonna look around then.

edit2: (just in case someone has the same problem)

Oke i got it working apparently it was because the gx620 has a Hyperthreading processor which uses the multi processor ACPI driver. While my sif file specified the standard ACPI driver.

And then there was another problem which is explained here along with the solution.

Edited by Gerben