Network bridge doesn't work :(

Prometeo

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I have installed vista and everything works but I can't create a network bridge between 2 nics and i really need it :(

any idea? must i enable some hidden options or some strange services?

thanks

what is the error that you are getting when you try and connect the 2 NICs? does it actually create the bridge or does it not even get that far? need more detail :) i created a bridge with my NIC and Wlan card and it went through fine

are both NICs enabled? this can happen when one is not installed correctly, check the drivers on both and see if you can find a different version is possible to install with, also are both NICs plugged in with a network cable?

I can confirm this issue, using build 5308. Three network adapters on my desktop, all work standalone, but vista will not let me bridge them (or any possible combination of them). Same applies to the network adapters on my laptop. They both work, but Vista will not bridge them.

This really needs to be fixed.

Edited by some1ne

huh, i can disable both my cards fine, what kind of machine is it? i have tested dell D600s D610, GX 260, 270, 280, 520 all work without issue, all usining a broadcom or similar set for NIC chipset, i still think it is a driver issue but since some1ne said he had the same issue i am not so sure,

@some1ne

what kind of NIC are you using?

now is the bridge even available to choose or does it just create a network bridge that is disabled?