Help Please!

snalion

Ok, so I have my unattended WinXP CD that works fine. I recently got a new DELL GX620 and since it has newer drivers, I thought about trying the slipstream them into the unattended WinXP CD(my first time doing drivers). I followed the instructions for the winnt.sif way. So, I extracted them and saved it under C:\WinXPCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\001_chipset (for the Intel) 002_video etc...

and I also added the two lines :

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_graphics;Drivers\003_audio"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

So then I made my CD and tested it, however it didn't work. I know the drivers are correct, since I can "manually" add them once I am in Windows, but I would like for it to be done automatically? Any advise or help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

There are lots of methods for creating unnattended CD but it's just not as simple as you write it. You can use nlite (you can find it here in forum or just google for it). The app does all the work for you. You can also read the topics on the top of this forum .. they are there for a reason. You can also try my way of instaling drivers. But it's not the same as you want it to be.