text setup

i am new to this, and i'd like to take a moment to thank you all for the excellent website. have the gui portion of the unattended install just about right, but i would like to automate the text portion as well. would like to instruct setup to install on partition C:, quick ntfs format. is this possible? i noticed that this cannot be done in the winnt.sif file. how about txtsetup.sif? anyway i'm getting ahead of myself. if i knew, i wouldn't be asking the question, would i?

regards

It can perform a quick format. By default setup with WinNT.sif will choose the first logical or available partition if you have it setup with the AutoPartition & Repartition settings.

I have never heard of TXTSETUP.SIF being able to specify a particular partition and I've been doing this awhile.

If you're afraid of your D: drive getting formatted. As long as it's on a slave drive, you'll be okay.

If you have a single drive with 2 or more seperate partitions, you're best move is to have the above settings disabled so that you can choose which partition to install on within the Text setup.

Sounds like you've already read up on the winnt.sif file. So I hope this still helps.

Edited by VCC