Sysprep/Desktop Shortcuts are for the Birds!

Fact:

Once you sysprep Windows XP and logon as the Administrator, sysprep will create two shortcuts on your desktop. They are:

MSN Explorer

Windows Media Player

Bottom Line:

I want the cleanest way to get rid of these two shortcuts via the sysprep.inf.

Request:

I ONLY want these two shortcuts (on my desktop) removed. I DO NOT want any references to these two programs removed from any other areas of the operating system (ex: Start Menu/Programs, etc.) I just want the desktop icons/shortcuts removed.

I want to GET RID OF THESE during the sysprep process. How do you do it? What commands can I run in the sysprep.inf that "WILL WORK"? What command in the [GUIRUNONCE] section will accomplish this?

Once the Administrator account logs on, I want these two desktop shortcuts to DISAPPEAR!!! Please re-read this post , if you are not clear on what my objective is. I want real answers to this issue, so please re-read if your unclear on what i'm asking for. Thanks in advance for your help...

Best Regards,

Rick Blake

Edited by Nihilator

i use winnt.sif method but i think you can write a cmd to delete the shortcuts using DEL command? if you can run a cmd file from sysprep then you have solved your issue. just look where the shortcuts are place and use that path to delete them. also take note that the extension for a shorcut is lnk and not ink.

hope this helps.