Unattend install

Greg00pl

1) If i will add to registry (after silent install of these programs) exported reg files (with keys from LocalMachine, Users, CurrentUser, CurrentConfig) for PowerArchiver9, PowerDVD6, Ashampoo Burning Studio5, NOD32, they will be activated and works like now after reinstall from XPUnattend CD ??

PowerArchiver /silent

PowerDVD -s -f (using setup.iss)

Ashampoo /s

NOD32 /silentmode /cfg=mycfgfile (created by NOD32 Admin Ver.)

2) Unattend install of Office2003

i'v prepared instalation config by ORKTools

If i use the switches ALLUSERS=2 PIDKEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- (using my install key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX without "-") it will activate my Office2003, after install ?? (this key is my valid legal licence key)...

wrrr... 2 hours with dictionary for one post... :(

a lot of programs store their registration info along with thir settings in the registry. it is a good idea to export that registry key and try them on an unattended install to see if that registers them and configures them.

to answer the question about office 2003, you are right, that key will register your installation. for the settings, use the values inside Office 11 in the registry and import them unattededly.

usually programas store registration keys with names like Registration, Username, Key, Serial etc.

use trial/error with the ones you are not sure.

I found in the registry that NOD, Ashampoo, PDVD and PArch, store activation and licence information in registry... so probabely it should works for silent activating of them...

And one more question...

I'v got AllPlayer, and i want to put it onto my Unattend CD... but i cannot match any silent switch for it...

program is here:

http://marbit.com.pl/PaidDownload/ALLPlayer.exe

And it's free - don't look at the adres - it's a fake

Maybe you will find a way to silent install it ;)

to add keys to your registry just use REGADD /S registry file

to get a registry file use a registry editor and export all the keys you want to use unattended and use the command i mentioned.

for allplayer i dont know if it can be installed silently.