Remote users

Hamins

Thanks a ton Fizban. I really appreciate all the help.

Yes, I realised that the remote users will not be able to change their password. However, is there a round-about way to allowing them to change their password remotely ? I mean, a tool or a script, etc ?

not really no, i guess you could right a script to allow a user to reset a password, but it would but a mute point since it would have to exist on a network share, or the client would have to have network access already and if their password isn't working well then they aren't getting far. most of the way i can think of it working would require hardcoding a account into a vbs script that can connect out to the domain and change the clients password for the domain, but as for the local account on the laptop, you won't be able to do anything remotely

In the GPO of the Domain, the password is set to expire every 30 days.

Can I tick the "Password Never Expires" option for the remote user's account, under Active Directory Services? Will that work ?

the do not expire check mark should take care of the 30 day limit, but i warn against going this route, i would go with a 90 day over all password expires timeframe, this suites the users in the field and inhouse, 90 days is a decent amount time, again my opinion ;)

Hi Fizban,

Solved the problem regarding the remote password changing.

I just realised that when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL to change the password, you can enter a domain name and then change it. I tried it and it works

Thank !!

good to hear!!! you should try this method with a couple users in a pilot and see how they like connecting this way, get their feedback on it and see if this solution will work for them