need answer: adding drivers with Driver Genius Professional Edition

Vingen

Hi, i use a software call Driver Genius Professional Edition, it can backup whole your computers driver to a folder or even create a auto-installer EXE file...

1 question. will Driver Genius Professional Edition work on Unattend installation? "if not, dont read the next question"

2 question. Are there some way to make that auto-installer EXE file to install all my drivers before windows startup for the first time...and how will i do that?

And are there some way to integrate that to the pnp mode? since there are no inf on the Genius create maps only ini...

sry for m bad english........

Edited by Vingen

I'm not familiar with Driver Genius, but if it does what you say it does with an auto-installer executable then you could try running it through SVCPACK.INF as described here.

SVCPACK.INF is run at T-13 of Windows Setup.

I've messed around with Driver Genius and I found there were too many circumstances that it couldn't get everything. And that's understandable actually. Any driver with a really exotic control panel setup routine is what I really mean here. You'll most likely get enough files to support the device, but nothing else.

What it is good for is when you come across a laptop or some ancient old computer where the owner no longer has the install media and the hardware vendor went no longer offers support for the device. I ran across this very circumstance with a NeoMagic display driver.

i have used driver genius before for devices that dont use control panels, programs to manage them etc.

if your device just need drivers and nothing else you can grab the drivers with driver genius and then install them using winnt.sif method described in the unattended guide.