Office Rollback process

Guest zipzapdhoom

Guest zipzapdhoom

i created the Office Shrinked setup but when i install it The install begins - goes through the decompression - starts the Office 2003 install (I can even see the MS Office folder in Program Files) - and then suddenly reverses itself and disappears! I get no errors and no log files. Any ideas what I managed to screw up in a pretty straightforward process?

plz help me with this . i found a solutin but i m unable to understand , what should i do with this solution . solution is as follows.

Found a very useful Regkey

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options]

"StartupDialog"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options]

"StartupDialog"=dword:00000000

take a look in your c:\documents and settings\[enter user here]\local settings\temp

there should be a text file in there generated by the installation. you should be able to identify it by its name. if thats not there then try the same installation without the silent switches to see what error is occuring

i.e. if you are using /qb- then remove it so you can see whats happening. hope this helps

By the way, i had a similar problem as you and the error i found in my log was that the installation process couldnt delete a file in c:\windows\installer

so i use a command like del /F c:\windows\installer\*.* BEFORE i start the office installation. i'm not sure if this is specific to my problem but maybe it will help

Edited by jasirw

Guest zipzapdhoom

hi i found the following error help me .

Successfully launched MsiExec....

2/19/2006 12:29:09 PM Chained install return code: 1602

Shutting down chained setup processing.

***** Setup exits

2/19/2006 12:29:09 PM

(return = 1602)