Create Ram Drive - Stand alond Bood dvd

liqnit

Hi

i hope i could explain myself good.

i want to craete a boot dvd when it loads it will create ram drive and i want to run program from that ram drive.

the final goal is to make a boot dvd with my computer HD image that will open automatically to a HD of my choosing.

Thanks

Liqnit

Well, you can use Acronis True Image to make a HD image and burn it to a DVD while including it's bootable loader so you can restore any image on that DVD.

It would help if you stated which program you use to make images with (if any) as well as what options you use.

Not sure why you must have a ram drive....even if one is created, i doubt you will have very many options as to what could be run. When using bootable media, restore/backup programs will run either off CD or load into memory anyways.

I hope you are not thinking of loading a HD image in memory, not only would that be just as time consuming as restoring to an actual Hard Disk due to the speed restrictions of your DVD drive, but impractical as well. I doubt you will run into many PC's with enough ram installed to put the entire HD image in memory.

thanks

i was thinking about the acronis im age i have but somtimes on large images that i open from dvd i get problems - usually with 4GB image.

this is why the Ram drive is for - i load the program to ram drive and then (i don't know why ) i open the same image from the dvd and it opens ok

You need to split your HD images into multiple parts. Large files on dvd media can be problematic to read. For example, this is why movie .vob files are about 1 gig max. (I believe the file size limitation is about 2 gigs for DVD's)

In Acronis TI and many other image programs, you can choose to make a multi-volume image to avoid this type of problem.