Net user method works BUT ...

Good to know about it.

However you're a bit unclear and readers might be more interested to know HOW you solved your problem, if ever it also happen to them.

Did you solve it using advices given above or was it SOMETHING ELSE that people should know about?

Btw, I was wrong casting the fault on nLite. Yes, it is still dirty, but the 'Owner' account will be created by windows anyway if you don't provide a valid administrator account (at least with XPhome) either through OOBE or NET method.

Please also note that the group names such as 'Administrators' is language dependant. 'Administrateurs' in french.

Edited by Djé

net user Eigenaar /delete

this is what I've used, so the advices above ;)

it removes the "owner"-account from the pc (Eigenaar in dutch ;))

I create the user account at the T-12 point, it's the first thing before all my software that runs there ;)

I also remove at that point the "Eigenaar"-account, so I think it should be created earlier

I also remove at that point [T-12] the "Eigenaar"-account, so I think it should be created earlier
It ain't necessarily so :whistle:
Please also note that the group names such as 'Administrators' is language dependant.

Maybe if you used the proper (localized) name for the administrators group in your NET localgroup Administrators Jeroeneke /add line, windows automatically 'deleted' the owner account (It has another Admin, so no need for this one). Meaning,

1- you wouldn't need the net user Eigenaar /delete

2- Owner may have been created at anytime during the install (but I'd say it was before T-12 anyway ;) )

Can you check if you have administrator rights? (users from control panel)

Also you can check for the exact spelling of the group name (let us know what it is in your sweet language :D) by typing net localgroup at a cmd prompt.

but maybe also it's not exactly the same behavior depending on the OS :rolleyes:.

I'll reconfirm at next install (I use XP home), but I'm pretty sure that the owner USER (note that I'm not talking about account) exists in the SAM (security) registry hive together with my newly created admin user up until the first boot (I don't use any net user owner /delete at T-12). At this point, when winlogon (auto-)logs me in, Owner is deleted from SAM while my account is created (again note the difference between account and user).

I use BartPE to look into SAM and other hives from outside.

In dutch it is "Administrators", same as it is in English ;)

I do have administator rights, and the "Eigenaar" account/user isn't there anymore!

Don't know if it's in "SAM", don't even know what that is ;)

I also use XP Home!

At my next (test)-install, I will try to install WITHOUT the net user Eigenaar /delete and see if the account "Eigenaar" is still created, I will let it know here!

I've installed it now without deleting the Eigenaar account at the T-12 point, and it seems to be created!

So I will just remove it at the T-12 point as that works great ;)

If I do that, there aren't any folders etc. left on the HD for that account so it aint no problem for me ;)

Jeroen.

I've installed it now without deleting the Eigenaar account at the T-12 point, and it seems to be created!

That's strange. I've just done 2 installs (same computer) creating my admin at T12 but NOT deleting any owner and I DON'T have any owner showing-up later.

Do you use an Autologon script ?

If not, that may be the reason because I do (autologon to my account, regs additions just after the user creation at T12) and the Owner may be deleted at this time.

Otherwise, I have no idea.