invalid sytem disk

byerley

Hi,

I have a slight problem with this OLD (compaq) computer I'm connected with right now.

I still have the original Win95 oem install in C: and also dual boot with Win2000 Pro on another partition. Both worked without problem. After reading this forum I was planning to making the Win2k install smaller with a slipstreamed and file reduced custom CD.

To do this I wanted a third partition where I'm going to make experimental installs. I already hade a small third partition but I needed to resize it to hold a w2k install. To do this I used Partition Manager 6 from Paragon Software.

The whole resizing process went without any errors. When I reboot the computer I get the boot selection menu as normal. If I select Win2k it boots as it should, BUT if I select to boot Win95 i get the error "invalid system disk".

In the pwlog.txt I found:

Drive name: C:
FS version: 0X00000000
OS found: Windows 2000

Does this mean that the bootsector information about Win95 on C: got overvritten with only Win2000 bootinfo? And how do I get the Win95 bootsector information back.

I do have a Compaq QuickRestore CD, but it's not the OS that needs repair, and it say it would destroy all HD data.

I hope someone can help me a little.