Desktop Redirection Problem

quinla01

This one’s driving me crazy guys.

Clients = XP SP2

Servers= MS Server 2000 & 2003 Active Directory environment

All users have roaming profiles. Through Active Directory and Group Policy the users have their desktops redirected to a remote server location.

The problem I have is that when users delete a file (icon) from their desktop, it appears to have been delete however when they log of and their profile is written back to the server, the deleted file is recreated in the profiles and therefore reappears once the user logs back on.

Through group policy, I have enabled “delete cached copy of users profiles” and I though this may have something to do with the problem so I set the policy to “not configured”. This however did not solve the problem so I have enabled the policy again.

Any help would be great, I’m sure its something simple that I’m missing,

Thanks in advance

Andy

K, this is gettng wierd.

I deleted the users roaming profile, made sure the local profile had been removed by group policy and then logged the user back on.

It recreated the roaming profile on the server, however it somhow managed to pull the icons deleted previously through to the new roaming profile. Before you ask the icons are not in the all users profile or the default users profile.

My heads messed with this one, could it have something to do with poicies, cached files, hidden folders etc???

Thanks guys

Andy