Please help with Xplay

jasirw

Hey there,

i am trying to make a silent install for a program called xplay. it uses installshield and i have scowered the forum looking for an answer. in short i use the -R with the setup file but there is never an iss file. i've used the search feature to search all (including hidden) files on my pc and none exists. I have tried it with the normal installshield exe and the setup exe that i extracted from the normal installshield exe. please, if anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it. if i have to type in the serial number one more time... :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright,

So my ipod is on the blink so i cant fully test this but i think this is how it works. I have installed it and the program itself seems to work as per usual. The only problem is the fact that it doesnt recognise my ipod (dont worry, this was a problem already, it has nothign to do with this installation). First i extracted the contents of the ORIGINAL xplay installation (installshield) exe. Then i used msiexec /a XPlay.1033.msi on the extracted msi to run an administrative insall and when asked for a path gave it the path install/xplay.

To install it i used:

XPlay.1033.msi /quiet /norestart
With respect to updates i extracted the contents of the most recent downloadable update (xplay_2.2.7.0_enu_update.exe) and extracted this file, getting an msp file.

Immediately following the last command i simply add

xplay_2.2.7.0_enu_update.msp /qb- /norestart

Now with respect to the serial number i'm not exactly sure what the story is. The program seems to run without asking for one. But just in case i found the following line in my registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mediafour\Common\PLM\Current]@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mediafour\Common\PLM\Current\{B6916668-60EA-4EE6-AC3E-DA8989868EC0}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mediafour\Common\PLM\Current\{B6916668-60EA-4EE6-AC3E-DA8989868EC0}\xplay]

"Data.it"=hex:69,dd,71,e6,0b,cd,20,e9,57,6d

@="MD5-EWRDZ-UXN3F-JH73J-NM5ZF-N1X"

"ProductCode"="{F8E3BFF4-DD98-47B9-AC5E-6ED39B3630B7}"

"ResourceComponent"="{5DDC90FF-A3C7-4B44-AD58-6C2DD4B4A839}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mediafour\Common\PLM\Current\{DC51E9BA-E11F-4B12-BFF7-2A2F8957DF59}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mediafour\Common\PLM\Current\{DC51E9BA-E11F-4B12-BFF7-2A2F8957DF59}\xplay]

"Data.it"=hex:69,dd,71,e6,0b,cd,20,e9,57,6d

@="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

"ProductCode"="{F8E3BFF4-DD98-47B9-AC5E-6ED39B3630B7}"

"ResourceComponent"="{5DDC90FF-A3C7-4B44-AD58-6C2DD4B4A839}"

I have taken the step to import this key after install as it seems to be the only location that refers to my serial number which i have X'd out above.

I hope someone finds this useful and would appreciate it if someone who uses this could confirm that it works correctly. Otherwise when my ipod is back up and running i'll let you guys know