Office 2K3 trouble... Any ideas?

ivwolferen

Hey people,

After succesfully creating my first unattended XP installation, i decided to add some applications

and windows components. I am using RunOnceEx, my file looks like this:

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Windows componenten en programma's installeren" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D ".NET Framework 1.1 + SP1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Microsoft\NETframework11+SP1\netfx.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D ".NET Framework 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Microsoft\NETframework20\dotNET20_silent.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "Visual J# Runtime files update" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Microsoft\VisualJ#RedistributablePackagedotNET20\install.exe /Q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\AcrobatReader\AR6.exe -p\"-s /v\"/qn \"\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Java 2 Runtime environment V5.0 Update 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\JavaRuntime\Java50.msi /passive" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "WinRAR 3.20" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\winrar\WinRAR320.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\076 /VE /D "Nero 6.3.1.17" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\076 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Nero\Nero63117.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\077 /VE /D "Daemon tools 3.4.7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\077 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Daemon\Daemon347.msi /passive" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\079 /VE /D "Office 2003 Proffesional + SP2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\079 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Microsoft\OfficeProff2003+SP2\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\155 /VE /D "Opruimen en opnieuw opstarten" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\155 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

As you can see, i have .NET 1.1 + SP1 (Slipstreamed)

.NET 2.0

j# runtime

Acrobat reader

Winrar

Nero

Deamon tools

Office 2K3

The problem is, when i test this unattended installation, everything is installed execpt office 2K3.

The installer runs, but stops without returning a message, and office isn;t installed.

I tested the office installation only by removing all other program entry's from RunOnxeEx

and voila, office installed correctly.

I suspect that the .NET frameworks cause some files to be locked beacause it requires a reboot,

and thus office 2K3 cannot acces these file while installing. Is there anyone who can confirm this?

Or have had similar problems?

Edited by ivwolferen

There is a known problem with installing Office 2003 at T-12. Search for Nankai's post about it. He's made a custom installer that gets around this.

He's installing it from RunOnceEx, not svcpack.inf.

I install both .NET 1.1 and Office 2003 from svcpack.inf and don't have any issues like that so I don't think there's a conflict in that regard. You may want to make an administrative installation point of Office 2003 and try installing it that way.

msiexec /i pro11.msi TRANSFORMS=unattended.mst /qn

If you do decide to install from svcpack.inf, you'll need to edit the .msi file. The registry entries regarding error reporting must be removed.

Edited by RogueSpear

If you do decide to install from svcpack.inf, you'll need to edit the .msi file. The registry entries regarding error reporting must be removed.

What registry entries should be removed? Could you please show me a guide? I'm very interested in that.

You'll need to delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth from the .msi file. I've found this necessary with other installers as well. Some examples are Microsoft Producer for PowerPoint, MSN Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger. If an application supports Application Error Reporting, you'll need to find the registry key with "PCHealth" in it, and delete it from the .msi file.

Edited by RogueSpear

i install office 2003 with sp2 integrated and is working ewll. i run it fomr RunOnceEx like you. i install the 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks first and tons of programs before office and it still get installed correclty without any problems.

are you using the admin install files or the original setup files? i use the created admin install point files that office generates using msiexec /a officepath (i cant remember exactly the syntax right now).

I use the method described at MSFN MSFN unattended office

That is the administrative installation i think.

B.t.w. running the office installation in my RunOnceEx and ONLY Office (so i removed all other program installations), things turn out great!