HP Install Network Printer Wizard

Asin

That's the name of the problem in the thread title. Don't know what it's used for, but I don't think that that's relevent.

It's clearly an InstallShield program. I extracted the files from the original .exe file which also included a Setup.exe file. I went to the command line and ran the Setup.exe file using the -R switch.

I got the setup.iss file, but when I go to use the command

START /WAIT X:\...\...\Setup.exe -s

It doesn't install. I see the background hourglass beside the cursor show up a few times, but that's about it. The installation doesn't complete if it started at all.

Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Asin,

i have found you may be better installing from an install folder of you pc sysmtemdrive, had a similar issue.

add the switches -f1"%systemdrive%\install\<appfolder>\setup.iss" -f2"%systemdrive%\hp.log"

this explicitly directs to a required iss file and generates a log file which will assist with issues.

the installshield site should give the answers to error numbers

Well, I tried the relative paths using ".\...", but that didn't work. I plan on using a network share of some sort, so I have the computer name hardcoded into the batch file as opposed to using the %SYSTEMDRIVE% environment variable like the example in the guide.

I will try what you have suggested. I completely forgot that InstallShield has a site for this sort of thing. I'm used to the company that made the file having some sort of page, or the /? actually working.

Thanks.