[Help] - Windows Media Player 10

helppleeze

I need help...

i have a new computer that is a DELL 8400 it runs windows xp. As part of the operating system Windows Media player 10 came installed. WELL for x-mas son got a MP3 player, started figuring out how to use it only to find out that the WMP10 doesn't work.... I CAN NOT figure out how to fix my WMP. NO tech support will help me out...because its software. I am at my witz end!!. can anyone help. Hope its good news

thanks

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

It might be helpful if you described exactly what is not working in WMP 10: does it not open at all, will it not play certain audio or video file types, will it not rip/burn audio CDs or what?

Depending on what the problem is, you may be missing a video codec, or you may not have some settings in Tools, options, correctly or, or, ...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...h%3BEN-US%3Bwmp

is a FAQ and trouble shooting guide for WMP, I suggest you look through that.

Also MS knowledgebase articles

http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...r%2010&srch=sup

You could also check for updates.

Edited by JRosenfeld

windows music player has been a nightmare as of now if you are lucky enough to get it opened it freezes and is non responsive as soon as you start making a playlist. you have to end it or shut the whole computer down manually. which can't be good either...... I haven't used it enough because it won't let me. When I talked to the MP3 people over the weekend they thought that the WMP was corrupt I really don't know, I have tried to uninstall but it is on the operating system of my computer so it really NEVER goes away. HELP PLEASE