XP OS SP2

Good Morning All,

I have a slight problem, my UA DVD which has XP SP2 OS and Office 2k3 and has all the patches and hotfixes, and has Norton 10 Antivirus. Keeps asking me for the SP2 CD while installing the OS I think its at what you guys call T-13. Why would it ask me for SP2? Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Oh another thing, if I remove office 2k3 and create cd and run the os installs without a problem....

Thanks,

The office installation is replacing Windows files that are likely protected with SFP, and the SFC checking routine is popping in and requiring you to "repair" those files (this is normal for a O2K3 install, btw). You need to make sure that your registry is pointing to the correct location of the installation files, and that the CD or DVD is available if it is looking to one of those drives for the i386 directory.

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Value: SourcePath

Type: REG_SZ

Data: <path to windows source, excluding the i386 directory - for example, C:\>

Value: ServicePackSourcePath

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Data: <path to windows source, including the i386 directory - for example, C:\i386>

cluberti,

Thanks I understand what your saying but where do I check for those reg settings you speak of?

Value: ServicePackSourcePath

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Data: <path to windows source, including the i386 directory - for example, C:\i386>

thanks for your help...

I am going freaking crazy i dont understand why it keeps asking for SP2, I just wasted 4 DVDs trying to make changes for this to work I dont know what is wrong. I dont know where to check and fix. If I remove Off2k3 it works once I added back on it acts up again. I am going totaly insane..... AHHHHHHHHHHH :w00t:

Any Help is realy realy appreciated.

Thanks. :wacko:

Yep its all on the DVD, when you say check the regedit how could I do that, if the install is running?

It really bothers me, because I have a working version of it from back in Sept. but when I update it I get that prompt for SP2. I just can't get it. It must have something to do with the Off2k3 as you mentioned before but how and where can i check?

Thanks again,

I decided to start over I am going to keep the OS portion the same and redo the Office2k3 from scratch. I must of messed something up. So I will begin again.

Thanks, if anyone has anything to add please do so.