PP 2000 - some images invisible

terrypin

My wife is using Powerpoint 2000 on her XP SP2 PC. A recent problem that has developed is that some images that displayed OK when opened on her laptop are now invisible on the PC! Although it was maybe a year ago, she's positive they used to display OK on the PC too.

To be more exact, on loading the file, at first all images on the slide are visible. But on doing anyhing, such as going to another slide and returning, the one or two of the dozen are invisible again. They never reappear (unless PP is closed and re-opened again.)

Clicking the space where such an image is located displays the familiar rectangle, and Format Picture displays the same sort of information under all tabs as the visible images. And if we change Fill from No Fill to a colour, a rectangle of that colour appears. It's as if the content is transparent. If it's relevant, the original source of the images was copy/pasting an image from elsewhere, such as a cell in a Word 2000 table.

This seems to be a file-related issue, or some conflict between XP and PP 2000, because I've just copied the file via floppy and opened it in Powerpoint 2000 on my own XP SP1 PC and I get exactly the same behaviour.

Can anyone suggest likely causes and how to fix please, as this is now getting seriously exasperating!

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

• 1 year later...