Integrating nf3 SATA/RAID Driver

persona156

Hello. I'm trying to integrate my SATA/RAID drivers for an unattended winxp installation, and when doing so a window pops up telling me to choose a "Mode" (Regular PNP Driver or Textmode Driver) and a "Textmode Integration Option" (NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller or NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER). I really am not sure on what to choose here and help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You need to provide a little more information as to what it is that you're doing. What precisely is it that you're doing that you get a window to pop up? Is this during Windows setup? It's a little bit confusing what you wrote down. Generally speaking, the textmode driver is where you hit the F6 key and insert a floppy with the driver. If you want to "integrate" the drive into your installation CD, you may want to take a peek over in the Driver Pack forums, the Driver Pack Mass Storage forum in particular.

Bashrat the Sneaky, who moderates this forum, also moderates those forums. He has made mass storage driver integration significantly easier than doing it all from scratch. See if the information over there helps you out a bit. I don't have any personal experience with nForce SATA/RAID driver integration, but I believe there are some things you need to watch out for in order to get it working properly.

Sorry! I'm using nLite 1.0 RC3 to integrate the drivers (completely forgot to mention that). I went to my SATA/RAID drivers folder which I downloaded from my motherboard's manufacturer's site and there were two ".inf" files (nvatabus.inf and nvraid.inf). When I choose either one that window that I mentioned in my first post is brought up. All I want to do is install all my motherboard drivers in an unattended winxp installation disc. I will look at what you brought up also.

Edited by persona156

Ahh ok, I'm unfamiliar with using nLite for driver integration, however I have read of people using it to integrate SATA drivers successfully. If this is still your preferred method, you want to try a search limited to the nLite forum for "SATA Drivers" or some similar term.

Well, I'm trying to slipstream them using the drivers that come in the "Mass Storage DriverPack." I have a "MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Socket 939" nf3 motherboard and I'm going to use the "nvraid.inf" found in the "4AR" folder. That should be correct according to THIS.

Edited by persona156

Hello. I'm trying to integrate my SATA/RAID drivers for an unattended winxp installation, and when doing so a window pops up telling me to choose a "Mode" (Regular PNP Driver or Textmode Driver) and a "Textmode Integration Option" (NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller or NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER). I really am not sure on what to choose here and help would be appreciated. Thank you.
If you want to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers into a bootable XP CD by using nLite, you have to integrate them as "TEXTMODE" drivers and to choose both proposed drivers (NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller and NVIDIA CLASS DRIVER). Normally both drivers are already marked by nLite, so - if you click "OK", both will be integrated.

Here is a guide for the whole thing:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=356029

CU

Fernando

Thanks alot Fernado and RogueSpear!

This is for an unattended install right? If I choose "FullUnattended" it won't skip them cause in your guide you said they weren't signed?

If you use nLite 1.0 RC1 or later, you even can skip the section "Unattended". But if you want, you can choose all sorts of "Unattended Install" inclusive "FullUnattended".

You are right - the nForce SataRaid drivers are not correctly digitally signed, but the installation succeeds nevertheless because of a trick within nLite (the interfering MS drivers have lost their priority by a manipulation of Nuhi).

Somewhat off topic but.. I noticed in "Last Session.ini" on my cd, that all my drivers are pointing to the folder I had on my desktop. For example:

"C:\Documents and Settings\****\Desktop\MSI K8N Neo2 Drivers\NF3_CK8S\Win2K-XP\Ethernet\nvenetfd.inf,0"

Was I supposed to copy the folder with all my drivers ("MSI K8N Neo2

Drivers") to my windows xp folder. If so does it matter where? Could I just drop put it in the root? Sorry for all these questions.

Edited by persona156

Somewhat off topic but.. I noticed in "Last Session.ini" on my cd, that all my drivers are pointing to the folder I had on my desktop. Was I supposed to copy the folder with all my drivers ("MSI K8N Neo2

Drivers") to my windows xp folder. If so does it matter where? Could I just drop put it in the root? Sorry for all these questions.

You can't integrate the drivers by just copying the driver folder from your desktop and pasting it somewhere on your CD. The drivers have to be integrated into the system by several entries into SIF files (WINNT.SIF and TXTSETUP.SIF). nLite stores the drivers within the folder OEMDIR (since RC3) or NLDRV (until RC2). You will find that driver folder at the end of the installation within the WINDOWS folder. If you want you can delete the folder at that time, because the installed OS do not need these drivers anymore at that place.

The text of the "last session.ini" only shows, which drivers were integrated by nLite and where they came from (origin path). This ini file is not important at all for the installation of the OS, but important to see what nLite had done during its processing.

CU

Fernando

Ok, last question, I promise! I've set up everything but now when it is processing at the end it stops on "Preparing Selected Tasks" and tells me that my cab files are corrupted. It hasn't done this until now and I think it's because I accidently deleted the "I386" folder from "C:/."

Also I am integrating WMP10 so do I have to use "xpboot.bin" without making an iso with nlite v1.0 RC3?

Ok, last question, I promise! I've set up everything but now when it is processing at the end it stops on "Preparing Selected Tasks" and tells me that my cab files are corrupted. It hasn't done this until now and I think it's because I accidently deleted the "I386" folder from "C:/."

Also I am integrating WMP10 so do I have to use "xpboot.bin" without making an iso with nlite v1.0 RC3?

If you really have deleted the I386 directory from the folder with the nLited files and if you can not undo this action, you have to start the whole work again (from the beginning!).

As I am not an expert in integrating software as WMP10, I cannot give any advise concerning the last question.

If you have any further questions, please post it into the nLite forum.

Reasons: This is the wrong forum for our discussion and I do not visit it very often.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1