[Question] - user login

64.Spud

hi there guys, got one problem when my pc boots in to windows it logs in as the admin i want to log in with my user account and not even see that admin at all? how do i do this

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

ok ill try it an other way!!! i accesed it from services the last time can some one tell me how to get in to it

thx by the way for that help but that looks far to complicated for what i need to do and i no i dont need to do all that..

Copy the below into notepad. Change the username and password to the correct info. Save it as autolog.reg (make suer its not .reg.txt)

I cannot find the option for autologin in services or in control panel\users so this will just have to do, sorry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="John"

"DefaultPassword"="asdf1234"

You should always set a password for your user account. Always. Set the password, and then enter it into the reg file.

You can also use TweakUI from Microsoft (Google for "Microsoft Powertoys") and set the Autologin from there.

It's not just that something can get "stolen" from your PC - it's general common sense. For whatever reason, Windows is the only OS that I can think of that allows for user accounts with null passwords.

As for your question, try it out. Nothing will go wrong with your system if it doesn't work.

well it dint work, got power toys and that was a lot easyer to use thx :thumbup . and i do not see any reason to password protect my pc even if it is comon sence, i hate even seeing a login screen :blink: if i had imporent stuff on it maybe i would have reason then.

did you just delete the line or did you edit the reg file to

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="John"

"DefaultPassword"=""

just want to know for making an unatten. windows xp cd. Have to creat numerous profiles, but want to have a "Default" profile as well