Invisible Graphics

warrior21

I have two files which have both graphics and pictures. These files were created on my old computer and then moved to my new one. Now, when I try to display the files the graphics are not visible. If I click the space where the graphic/picture should be I get a an outline. If I then right click and choose show/hide the Picture Toolbar the grahic becopmes visible. When I switch to another page they again disappear. I have checked and Tools>Options>View Picture Placeholders is not checked so that can't be the reason. Whe I move the files back to the original computer the graphics are visible. It seems then is a switch somewhere in Word that is set to turn ff the graphis. Can anyone help?

:(:(:(

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested to find out what the problem is to, I have a similar problem since I upgraded from word 2000 to 2003, in my case existing documents are OK, but if I select text & graphics on a web page and then paste into a word document, the Text pastes fine but I have no images. where images should be there is an image box if I click on it, opening images tool box does not have any effect however.

I can however save the images separately and afterwards insert them successfully. This is alot harder than it was.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Try this! It worked for me. Right click the screen and close "Setting" This brings up the "Display Proprities" dialog box. Now click "Advanced" and then click the "Troubleshoot" tab. Now click on the slider and hold it while decreasing your hardware acceleration. You may have to play around to get the proper setting but its worth the effort.