RIS : Remove unnecessary keyboard layouts ?

Hi all !

I have successfully changed my SIF file to configure the WinXP installation with my Regionnal Settings : Belgium (French).

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
SystemLocale=0000080c
UserLocale=0000080c
InputLocale=080c:0000080c

The only problem is that after the installation there is a Language Toolbar with both "French (Belgium)" and "French (France)" available.

I suppose that "French (France)" was automatically installed during textmode setup (auto-detected ?), ands I don't want this keyboard layout to be present.

How can I instruct the installer NOT to install this Keyboard Layout, or to remove it ?

I know that there is a "KeyboardLayout" setting in [unattended], but when I try to use it I have an error about an entry not present in txtsetup.sif. I don't have a txtsetup.sif file, and I don't really understand what should be included in it...

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Neither of these suggestions is likely the "correct" answer, but they should both achieve what you want. First, you could use nLite to remove any language components that you like. In fact I do this all the time, removing all but US English. Second, there is a registry tweak for disabling the language bar completely. I don't remember it off the top of my head, but if you look in the sticky thread for registry tweaks, you'll find it in there.

As I've never had this problem crop up on me before, I'm wondering if you are installing a Windows MUI package.

Thanks for your answer.

I might try to find a suitable registry tweak !

As I've never had this problem crop up on me before, I'm wondering if you are installing a Windows MUI package.

No, actually I am just installing a French version of WinXP, but these versions include French (Canada), French (France), French (Belgium), etc...

It looks like the default behaviour for keyboard autdetection during textmode setup is to detect any AZERTY keyboard as French (France), without further investigation... Just a guess, of course.

I'm still interested in better solution, but thanks for your tip !

OK, I found the solution !

I was right in my first post, when I talked about the "KeyboardLayout" setting in [unattended].

The problem is that I had not the correct value for this setting, because the Layout for my Keyboard "Français - Belgique" contains the special character "ç".

I checked in the txtsetup.sif file, and the correct string was "Fran‡ais - Belgique".

The "‡" is ASCII code 135, which in standard extended ASCII maps to "ç"... Well, I never really understood this mapping problem, but I believe that this character's code is interpreted differently by Windows and by the Textmode system...