Not quite Unattended

Hi all,

I am trying to install on a few machines with single partitions and existing installations.

My Unattend file is ok, and install runs completely unattended if i use the winnt.sif and the cd

However, if i set the install to run over the network, i will get asked to delete an existing installation folder on my clients. So my question is, why does this install run when i have the CD, but not over the network?

Is there a parameter for the unattend that will delete any existing folders?

My first question is exactly how are you running the install over the network.

For example, if you boot from a floppy, USB key or CD and then run Winnt32 to do the install, then you're going to need to specify what unattended file to use. Like this:

winnt32 /unattend:Z:\Unattended\unattend.txt

What it sounds like it happening is that the setup is using the factory unattend.txt located in the I386 folder which does not contain any paritioning info.

Like I said, it's only my best guess. With details on exactly how you're executing the setup over the network will help nail down the problem.

Thanks

Mike

Yes Mike, didn't really make that clear. i map a drive on the client to the an i386 directory across the network. This directory contains MY unattend.txt, and this works without intervention if used as a winnt.sif on a floppy, but not as an unattend across a network. I am asked to delete existing windows installation folders on the clients

My partitioning needs are nothing fancy, just that the install runs silently!