Server 2003 certs

fizban2

I know this should probably go in general but the certs i am taking now are all server 2003, (70-290,291 etc) just trying to get opinions on how hard they are and what the best study material people have used to pass them. i studied pretty hard for my first one, 70-290, but failed witha 650, so i am close but i want to get a better score then that, studied for about 5 weeks before i took my test. Any tips, hints, etc would be greatly appreciated. Sadly i don;t get to work with server systems at work, only with VMs i have at home. Any input on a good way to learn and remeber some of this information would be great!!

I found, at least for me, that taking mock tests helped me more than anything else after I had learned the material. I felt better prepared when I took my tests, and got better scores this time around than I had when I took the Windows 2000 MCSE tests.

how long did you prepare for each test? i know i studied alot, (couple nights a week for around 5 weeks) took some practice tests. i guess the biggest kicker is that is you don't use it at work, or on a daily basis it sort of drops out of memory, i can still setup say, IIS or ISA, but the exact steps escape me, and particular practice tests to work with, i have used a few, studied from the microsoft book(which aren't that bad as everyone says)

Well, I don't actually remember how long I studied, but I was an admin at the time working on the stuff on a daily basis. It does hurt if you can't work on what you've learned at least regularly, I'd wager.

They are trying to do away with the "paper MCSE", so the tests have gotten tougher since the NT4 (and even W2K) days. I'd think that being hands-on along with the reading and test-taking is almost a necessity if you're going to pass the tests with good scores.

I have passed the 2000 tests, and you are right the 2003 ones are much harder then their predecessors. guess just have to study more, any tips or tricks that those who have passed the test would like to pass on would be great.