[Question] | ipconfig not found?!

anoxan

fire up your command prompt and type in "ipconfig". you should get your ip n such, right?

I think mine's a little...misinformed..:

untitled1copy0fn.jpg

I get the same error when I try the help command, or try to open something from the prompt (replacer)

anyone know why I'm getting this after just reinstalling?

it's not even a modified install, either. the only thing different from the original cd is the answer file I added, and I doubt that's the cause..

any help is appreciated! :)

Check your PATH variable.

Should display a string as such:

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

If your system directory is not in Path, then that can explain your problem.

Check your PATH variable.

Should display a string as such:

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

If your system directory is not in Path, then that can explain your problem.

I'm not sure I understood that, but it worked when I navigated to the system32 folder. and if it works, don't knock it, right?

still need to figure out why I can't run replacer, but thanks for the help with ipconfig! :D

this forum rules..lol

In the command line, simply type path. You'll get something like what MHz wrote up there. It seems like your paths are broken, since the files are there.

If the path command doesn't show that, then open system properties (Right-click My Computer->Properties) and go to Advanced->Environment Variables. If you scroll down in the System variables box, you'll see the variable path. Double click on it and then paste what MHz has into the Variable Value box. You'll probably need to restart your computer.

@tal ormanda - That's not entirely true. It'll simply tell you "media disconnected" or another error message. His problem was that Windows wasn't even able to find it in the first place.