remove yahoo! search bar from Adobe Acrobat 7.0

danr29

hello. i have been tasked with removing the yahoo! search bar and buy adobe buttons from adobe acrobat 7.0 before we deploy it to our organization. i have found a q&a document from adobe explaining that the installshield tuner can be used to edit the following registry key in the registry section of the tuner to remove these 2 buttons:

hkcu\software\adobe\adobe acrobat\7.0\avgeneral\ctoolbars\cwebsearchview\cpositions\cinternal\"bhidden"=dword:000001

i am unable to locate this key from the tuner, i even install acrobat 7.0 and check to see if the key exists after installation on the machine, and cannot find any of the keys beyond the 7.0 key. if anyone has any experience using the tuner to customize acrobat 7.0 and has successfully removed these two buttons from their installation please let me know how you did it. thanks.

Welcome to MSFN danr29.

Try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cInternal]
"bHidden"=dword:00000001

(and remember to use code tags when posting :D)

Think thats the one.

I've rebuilt the package - its a exe - take a look at my site in my sig if ur interested. It removes the the yahoo bar, turns off the updater, and a few other things.

Hope it helps :)

Nath

Edited by it_ybd