Deleting incorrect usernames & passwords

derek.durrant

Hi all, Im new to forums so here goes.

I have a lovely new lappy running windows XP, my very good friend vaughan set it up for me as im only just able to do the tasks i need to do without investigating too deep.

When i first started usin my lappy eg for logging into the internet etc. i would enter my username then password, then windows would display a box asking if i would like to save these settings ie. username & password. Problem is sometimes i would miss type my entry, then, with one (or more like 3) twitches of my finger, i would accedently save thoese settings.

So now, when i begin to type in my details a dropdown box appears prompting me to choose 1 of my many previous entries right & wrong so windows can automatically fill in the rest .

I know it probably a silly problem, but does anyone know how i can find where thoese previous entries are saved & is it possible to remove my previous unwanted / incorrect entries so as i start to type my username etc i dont get a list of a dozen or so incorrect tries.

Many thanks

Derek

When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing the DELETE key.

Internet Exlorere help file.

I'm not sure where these entries are actually stored.

open your internet explorer then go to tools then internet options.

click content tab and at the lower part of the menu there's a autocomplete

button. click that and uncheck usernames and passwords on forms. also clear those forms and passwords

hope it will help

Edited by black_is_beautiful