DirectX 9.0c installation problem

oblus

Hi

I have Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and updated with new windows patches (from microsoft page).

I has DirectX 9.0c (2004) installed but it crashed. So I uninstall him with "DirectX 9 Uninstaller for XP / .NET" (directx-dx9uninstaller), but I don't do this in safe mode and I use the slipstreamed with Service Pack 2 Windows XP Pro installation CD to install from it DirectX 8.1.

When I do this, after restart, I couldn't install other DirectX. My friend tell's me I must uninstall Service Pack 2 first to install diffrent version of DirectX. I tried to uninstall it by spuninst.exe, becouse I have installed Windows slipstreamed so I have no uninstall function to Service pack 2 in "Add or Delate Programs.." but there cames me an Error :|.

Then I found on web "dx90b_sdk_devruntime.exe" 88MB and he has succesfult installed. But I saw in requiremants for new games I must have DirectX 9.0c. So I tried to install it and it says "everything went OK" but in dxdiag stil have 9.0b not 9.0c?

Could someone help me install DirectX 9.0c??

i even try to install October version and August version but nothing happened...

example:

after steam updates my games I can't execute Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2 but can execute Half-Life 2: Lost Cost ??!

it appears that error:

The latest version of Microsoft DirectX® is

required to play Counter-Strike: Source.

and button OK :|

somebody please help!! i want to play whitout reinstalling my windows

i know that is a directx installation proble but how to resolve it?!

i read on http://www.myappz.tk FAQ:

Q: Is there a way to by-pass the uninstall "block" on XPSP2 / 2K3SP1?

A: Uh, yes... But I won't give you details on how to do it. The block

is there for a reason. However, tech-savvy users should be able to

figure it out. Note: DXE 2.0 has NOT been tested on either service

pack; forcing an uninstall is not recommended and may produce less

than satisfactory results -- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!

well? maybe there is someone "tech-savvy user" ?!

well i can tell i've did it :D

i have now directx 9.0c after I reinstall him on XP with SP2 ;>

it can say I force install him:

1. i download a directx-dx9uninstaller and uninstall bad old 9.0c in safe mode

2. then i must download and install dx90b_sdk_devruntime.exe to have at lest 9.0b

3. then i unpack from directx_9c_redist.exe ManagedDX.cab, BDAXP.cab and dxnt.cab

4. I install first mdxredist.msi from ManagedDX.cab, then every .inf from BDAXP.cab, and (for sure) install every .inf from dxnt.cab with dxxp.inf on end!

5. now i have after restart 9.0c with 2 little errors in dxdiag (sound errors, never min now, I have sound)

6. to be up to date from directx_9c_oct05sdk_redist.exe install .inf files from that same packages .cab as in 4. (without mdxredist.msi, i think)...

7. on end I've installed every .inf from August2005_d3dx9_27_x(your processor arch).cab, October2005_xinput_MDX_x86.cab and October2005_xinput_x(your processor arch).cab in directx_9c_oct05sdk_redist.exe

after restart i can play in CSS and HL:LC :D