Intel NIC does not install for sysprep installation

I had a working sysprep image for a bunch of Dell PCs. I made some changes cleaning up my OEM drivers, now I can't seem to get an Intel Pro1000/MT NIC to install on Dell GX260s and GX270s. they actually use the same driver, but dell has them on different versions. I have the correct drivers in the OEM folders on my image.

c:\Drivers\*

*GX260\NIC

*GX270\NIC

My OEPnPDriversPath includes this path, ihave doubles checked the registry after the install and it appears to be OK. I tried the drivers from Intel's website. I have even tried their corrected INFs for RIS installs but that does nothing. When XP boots, i can log in locally and it detects new hardware. It even knows that it is an Intel Pro1000/MT, but the driver is not isntalled. If i point it to either directory with the driver, it's happy and installs fine. What I can't figure out is why won't it find it during PNP detection. It worked before, and the changes I made were not major...mainly just cleaning up duplicate and old drivers. Anything i should be look at in particular? this is driving me crazy.

Have you tried using the actual Intel driver, from Intel's site? I've done RIS installs on these machines in the past without seeing these issues, but I tend not to use Dell's driver sets. Consider using the Intel driver for these NICs.