Help Please, USB floppy reboots windows

RipperJack

Just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on clients machine. A e-machine with a MSI mobo a AMD Atholon 64 3000+ processor 512 meg DDR 200 GB Maxtor. Machine runs great all proggys run fine but as this machine has no internal floppy the client uses a external TDK USB floppy when it is plugged in Windows finds new device then blue screens and reboots. Know floppy is good as I can plug it in my machine and it runs great. I know it is not the ports as you can plug in USB camera or scanner and Windows finds them and installs them with no problems the only thing it won't do is work with floppy. Any Ideas I am out of them????????? Forgot to mention that this same floppy worked fine on machine before XP pro install, Previous install was XP home shouldn't make any difference but don't know.......Help please don't want to take hammer to customers machine...lol

Go into Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings button - there'll be a checkbox under "System failure" for "Automatically restart". Uncheck that, and the box won't automatically reboot.