Windows Media Center Edtion DVD

Do you have an I386 folder with about 5759 objects and a CMPNENTS folder on your hard drive? If you have both these directories you can create the CD/DVD. You will also need nLite and Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.

Create a folder anywhere on your Hard drive and copy the following items it:

The I386 directory and everything in it

The CMPNENTS directory and everything in it (if you will be using a CD delete the CMPNENTS\TABLETPC directory)

A file named WIN51

A file named WIN51IP

A file named WIN51IP.SP2

the content of each of these three files are

Windows

(Windows<space><enter>)

You should also create a file in the I386 directory named winnt.sif with the following contents

[UserData]
ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

[Data]
MSDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall=Yes

Replace the Xs with the Product key found using the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, do not use the product key on your COA sticker.

Use nLite to create a bootable ISO. Burn. Be sure to test the CD using a spare hard drive.

The contents of the WIN51* files aren't actually used by the Windows setup. These files are on the CD just to identify to the installer what type of CD you are using. The WIN51 file tells the installer that it is installing Windows XP. The WIN51IP file tells the installer that it is installing Windows XP Professional. The WIN51IP.SP2 file tells the installer that it is installing Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I don't know if the contents are ever read, in case they are the contents are Windows<space><enter> use notepad to create these files and make sure they do not have a txt extension.

You will also need to make your own winnt.sif file. copy the code I posted above to a new text document and change the Product Key. Be sure to save it as winnt.sif and not winnt.sif.txt