Powerpoint from Windows over to MAC: No video, tab spaces, and or imag

Wolf_22

I made a presentation for a class and when I played the presentation on the Apple computer that the class uses, it didn't show the video I had on there correctly, and as a matter of fact, didn't show it at all. This video I had was something in AVI format and was captured using "Camtasia": http://www.realnetworks.com/products/camtasia/

Is there a way I can fix this? Luckly this wasn't my time to give the presentation that day as I was just testing it on the computer in the classroom, but I need to get this done, and I need to have a video feed for my presentation. The instructor told us that the Apple computers will display the content the same way the Windows computers would, but obviously due to the fact that some of the images as well as video and even tab'ed spaces didn't show up, I'd be betting he's wrong.

As you can tell, I made my presentation on a Windows laptop, and had to burn the presentation to a disk and drag it onto the Mac desktop to play it from there. I'm desperate guys, so if you could help this kid out, I'd be super thankful and try to spread the word about these forums!

Thanks people!

• 1 year later...

Stop.

You can not realistically move powerpoints from powerpoint for windows to powerpoint for mac. It doesn't work. Heck, even going between ppt 2003 and ppt 2000 is a pain. If you made it on a laptop, your best option is to just bring in the laptop. fact is, it doesn't work to move between the two. I've tried. I've failed. Sorry, but that's the hard truth. Welcome to the world of incompatible products.

Videos have particular problems... proprietary .AVI and proprietary Quick Time get all muddled up in the process. If you can convert the AVI to flash somehow you might have a chance, but really, it's better worth your time to just bring in your laptop. How long does it take to plug a projector into the back of the computer? Plus then you get to have your own computer there not some unfamiliar school crapple, er apple computer.

Very sorry, but there's nothing to be done. :no: