Opera 8.5 Switchless Silent Installer + several plugins

Shoshoni

If you open Opera, and go to Help->About, it wil tell you the path to your profile. If you browse around there, you'll find your standard toolbar file. If you've got the right-click option to open in IE, then it should be there.

If you copy this into the defaults directory in the installer, it should apply it to the default Opera profile.

If you open Opera, and go to Help->About, it wil tell you the path to your profile. If you browse around there, you'll find your standard toolbar file. If you've got the right-click option to open in IE, then it should be there.

i have searched in ALL *.ini from opera6, there is no word written about Explorer. i am tired and wont spend any time in it. i give it up. ok?

The reason why I chose for AutoIT was that people could modify the icons part. I wanted to keep the installer totally silent.

But i have already install AutoIt on my pc, so this is not a great problem. you write also something about plugins and skins. i believe there were skins and plugins in the rar packet on rapidgear but the maps are empty.
You have to download your skins and plugins manually and put them there. For Firefox users I suggested that they should copy the contents of their plugin folder to that of Opera.
Wouldn't it just be easier to use the silent install switch of /s rather than the autoit script? You'd have to remove the icons you didn't want, but you can do that in your install.cmd file after the installation is complete.

Yeah, missed that one. Thanks! :D Oh and about the 7z, I couldn't get it to work at the time. Now I know how it works.

i have searched in ALL *.ini from opera6, there is no word written about Explorer. i am tired and wont spend any time in it. i give it up. ok?

Did you follow Shoshoni's guide to the letter? It works perfectly as far as I can tell. The only part that I did myself was take my standard_toolbar.ini file and place it in the defaults folder in the installer package. I just installed it in VMWare, and it works like a charm. :)

If you've got your toolbars working, simply drop them into the installer directory and recompress the lot with WinRAR or 7-zip.

I found a couple of extra button definitions.

[Customize Toolbar Custom.content]
Button14, "InIE"="Execute program, "iexplore", "%u", "InIE", "Ie""
Button15, "id"="Show popup menu, "Identify As Menu", , "id""
Button16, "id-smileys"="Identify as, , , "Opera", "Smiley Happy" > Identify as, 1, , "Mozilla", "Smiley Unhappy" > Identify as, 4, , "IE", "Smiley Cry""

Add those to your toolbar.ini file. I think the closest to the Firefox example would be my Button15.

I found a couple of extra button definitions.

[Customize Toolbar Custom.content]
Button14, "InIE"="Execute program, "iexplore", "%u", "InIE", "Ie""
Button15, "id"="Show popup menu, "Identify As Menu", , "id""
Button16, "id-smileys"="Identify as, , , "Opera", "Smiley Happy" > Identify as, 1, , "Mozilla", "Smiley Unhappy" > Identify as, 4, , "IE", "Smiley Cry""

Add those to your toolbar.ini file. I think the closest to the Firefox example would be my Button15.

the button exist and it is working perfect, i have looked AGAIN in standard_toolbar.ini and i have found the customize toolbar browser.content and again, there is no line written with InIE or explorer or Ieplorer. you see my example if you believe i need glasses. Maybe my opera8.5 is f*kked up, i dont know. i have searched too at *toolbar.ini to be sure there is no copy. no hits except two same files called standard_toolbar.ini, one is in C:\program files\Opera\defaults the other in C:\program files\Opera\uninst\backup

[Customize Toolbar Browser.content]
Button, 69240=Rewind + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Rewind History"
Button, 21209=Back + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Back History"
Button, 21211=Forward + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Forward History"
Button, 67675=Fast Forward + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Fast Forward History"
Button1, 69240=Rewind + Show popup menu, "Internal Rewind History"
Button2, 21209=Back + Show popup menu, "Internal Back History"
Button3, 21211=Forward + Show popup menu, "Internal Forward History"
Button4, 67675=Fast Forward + Show popup menu, "Internal Fast Forward History"
Button2, 21235=Stop | Reload, , , 21210
Button3, 21212=Go to homepage
Button4, 69682="Set alignment, "hotlist", 6,,"Panels" | Set alignment, "hotlist", 0,,"Panels""
Button5, 67007=Wand
Button6, 67499=New page
Button8, 21204=Open document
Button9, 21205=Save document
Button10,21206=Print document
Button11, 21208=Find
Platform Windows-Unix-QNX, Button12, 21215=Tile vertically
Platform Windows-Unix-QNX, Button13, 21216=Cascade
Button14, 67496=Enter fullscreen | Leave fullscreen
Feature Voice, QuickButton15, 67676=Start listening | Stop listening,,,67677 | Stop speaking,,,67678
Button15, 69384="Show popup menu, "Closed Pages Menu",,,"Trash""
Button16, 21193=New page,1

Edited by SolidasRock

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...