CD Rom Booting problems

donboe

Hi everybody,

I'm new to his forum so I don't know if this is the right place for my question? If not please excuse me! I recently bought a new laptop which came with Windows XP Pro. Nothing wrong here. Now I try to run Windows XP on my old laptop that had Windows 98 SE running. I did an FDISK made new partitions and formated the new partitions! Then I tried to run setup from the XP CD that came with my new laptop but after starting the computer I got the following message:

Boot CD-ROM Type: No Emulation Booting

Toshiba DVD-CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 1

I tried to boot straight from the XP CD:

e:\I386>winnt.exe

But that didn't work because of the automatic reboot Windows perform after the setup files are installed on the computer.

I am playing arround with computers for quite some time but never experienced a problem like this. I found some very complicated articles about the different ways of CD-ROM booting but that was really abracadabra for me. Is there maybe anybody who have experienced the same kind of thing or knows somebody who did have the sam problems and know a solution?

Many thanks in advance

Edited by donboe

When you burn your unattended cd and use Nero Burning Rom in option: Load segment of sectors (Hex!) try write 0000 instead 07C0. On desktop PC 07C0 is ok and CD is booting but on laptop it's bad and should be 0000. I've got Thosiba M30 laptop, and i tested this settings on California Access and Actina. Btw 0000 settings works on desktop too :)

p.s Sorry for my english :)

Regards

Arek

I known your problem is little another but maybe this solution help you :)

Edited by ArekR79