First run unattended install problems

I built up a disk, burned it, and got it ready to install - real world testing. :)

It seemed to run just fine (except completely passing over my Repartition and Autopartition entries in winnt.sif) until I ran across this error message during setup:

SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "G:\I386\asms\10\MSFT\WINDOWS\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN" on line 4.

That message came up a few times and eventually I just stuck in my original XP CD to at least complete the installation. When it was complete, the custom user account name had been created, but it and the administrator account seemed to be password-protected, even though I had not specified one for either.

Of course, i realize that my putting in the original CD during the setup may have messed things up, but has anyone ever seen that error message before?

I've googled GDIPLUS.MAN and come across a lot of instances where this file doesn't like to be copied.

Don't know what exactly gdiplus does, really...just know it to be some form of jpeg tool for Microsoft.

Well I think I found the solution elsewhere....just a corrupt dll file...

MAYBE it wouldn't happen next time on installation, MAYBE it would.

To those who haven't figured it out and have had the same problem, it usually relates an i/o device error - usually meaning that your CD drive isn't reading properly.

Could be the CD itself.

Then again, maybe the file was just plain corrupted when the CD was made.