How to integrate APPLICATIONs in XP?

hamid84

Hi,

It may not be appropriate place for this type of post but i gota as this..

I have got windows xp and heard that i can intergrate diff applications with it such as MS office etc and i persume thats how network admins create model pc image and deliver over the network.

Can anybody tell me what software should i use for that or any other way? i want to create a permanent xp disk so that i dont have to re-install applications evry time i install windows...

Many thanks in advance.

Full integration isn't always possible. Usually you'll end up with some sort of batch script running at the end of installing Windows XP to install all your applications.

I don't usually point links with absolutely no explanation whatsoever to newcomers, but the guide that kegobeer linked really is your first stop for most of your questions.

And welcome to MSFN. :D

I have got windows xp and heard that i can intergrate diff applications with it such as MS office etc and i persume thats how network admins create model pc image and deliver over the network.

The way many network admins do this is by building a model to their liking and using an application such as Norton Ghost to create an image that can be deployed to other PCs on the network. This process is only effective though if all the systems in question are identical (brand, model, hardware, etc) and of course you have to work within the limits of your MS licenses. In my office for example, we have about 100 identical Dell computers, all with valid XP licenses. I set one up the way I like (apps and such), create an image, and deploy it to the others.