Need to run WinPE from a cdshell menu script

sawwa7

hi guys

i'd like to use CDSHELL to build a boot menu that contains some options to run , i want to add running WinPE option in my boot menu .

as far as i know , i need to have a boot image , where can i find the boot image that i should copy to the images folder whic will be run when choosing this option?

another big problem which needs to be solved .. that's i can't copy all the WinPE contenents to my CD root cause i have other folders for other options , so i need to put the contents of the WinPE into a separated folder in the CD root .. now, what modifications do i need to let WinPE starts from the Separated folder using the boot image in Images folder?

well , i'll try to make it more close .. let's assume that i'll make a folder named WinPE on the my CD root and will copy all the WinPE contenets to that folder , i need an image file to copy in my boot Images folder inorder to chain it when choosing any option from the boot menu script .. hope it's more clear now .

if any one can guide me or give any hints or links on how to do that , i'd be really grateful .

best of luck to all of u

regards

It's the same process....make the PE ISO.....extract all files to a folder ROOT.

Modify the boot file (xxx.dat) to point to a 4 character directory that was once your PE's I386 folder (lets call it XPPE). Now edit XPPE/setupldr.bin, changing all occurances of i386 to XPPE wiith a Hex editor.

Now add everything else making sure all folders/files that were at root are copied in like fashion.

Personally... I make the OS boot folder names unique so all I have to do is just put a PE build in w/o changing a thing. Heres how my directory looks.....

ROOT

---XP01 Boot folder for XPInstall

---XP02 Boot folder for XPInstall

---I386 BartPE

---PROGRAMS Used by the PE

---Documents and Settings Used by the PE

---BOOT CDShell

-----CDshell folders,etc

-----Files I keep boot files in here

-----XP I keep XP Builds here

-------XP01 XP Install

-------XP02 XP Install

Don't forget the files that must stay at root (win51's , for PE include winbom.ini)

If you use ReatoGo or a different type of PE, you may or may not have D&S, PROGRAMS folders. Just remember the dir. structure mst be the same when you add it to a multiboot distro.