My UA DVD skips certain programs

Here is the situation

standard UA dvd and i use batch files to guide the whole thing.

the winnt.sif is orderd to copy driver files using the OemPnP ... path but they never seem to work ? :wacko:

my video card is only recognized as a standard adapter instead of nvidia geforce 2 mx 100/200

this also causes to ruin my resolution from 1280-1024 to 800*600 when the computer boots up for the first time need help here :)

in the [GuiRunOnce] section i have put references to my batch files:

main_batch.cmd => cleaning up wallpapers and addign reg tweaks + copying certain tools like pskill, ....

codec.cmd => got it of this forum recently, just copy's all sorts of codecs for movie playback

applications.cmd => installing all of my programs

Cleanup.cmd => removing the install dir + removing shortcuts from my desktop.

my problem:

during the installation ( i use vm ware workstation 5 ) everything goes fine

just one time when it stalled at 33 mins ( anyone got a solution for that ? )

but when it starts installing my programs this is what happens:

for some reason when the computer finishes i find a map program that is empty and windows gives me an error msg about that. i'm thinking it has something to do with my mirc installation.

in the winnt.sif document i request the removal of certain applications such as gaming zone, ... but in the program files map i still find maps with the names:

msn gaming zone

winnt

microsoft frontpage

they are all empty but i don't like it and want them removed. Do i just have to use a clean up batch file for this or is there an other way ?

ps is it possible to disable services with an UA dvd ?

He install nero 6 but he won't register the **** thing

He can't find one installer : the installer for O&O defrag professional 8. weird though since i copy the file path from windows explorer so that kinda cuts out typos

He won't install winamp: i used a msi packet found on this forum but still he doesn't install anything , i can't even find a trace of winamp in the registry while i do get an echo of installing winamp...

The last program he will install is Daemon tools. there are some more programs but they don't seem to activate.

my firefox won't install, thunderbird will not be copied for manuel install and the same goes for officen photoshop and dreamweaver

i'm including my batch files below so if anyone would be so kind to help me out :unsure:

applications.txt

winnt.txt

Edited by Wundagore

my video card is only recognized as a standard adapter instead of nvidia geforce 2 mx 100/200

this also causes to ruin my resolution from 1280-1024 to 800*600 when the computer boots up for the first time need help here  :)

Is this in VMWare? You may not have your display adapter recognized in VMWare.

for some reason when the computer finishes i find a map program  that is empty and windows gives me an error msg about that. i'm thinking it has something to do with my mirc installation.

You have a space in your xcopy command that has no quotes surrounding it.

in the winnt.sif document i request the removal of certain applications such as gaming zone, ... but in the program files map i still find maps with the names:

msn gaming zone

winnt

microsoft frontpage

they are all empty but i don't like it and want them removed. Do i just have to use a clean up batch file for this or is there an other way ?

Windows File Protection cares for these folders.

ps is it possible to disable services with an UA dvd ?

Yes, search the pinned regtweaks thread. Check the 1st post for an attachment.

Example:

; Disable Security Center
; =======================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004

He install nero 6 but he won't register the **** thing

Registry file should do it. Add it before installing Nero is best.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"User"="x"
"Company"="x"
"Serial6"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

He can't find one installer : the installer for O&O defrag professional 8. weird though since i copy the file path from windows explorer so that kinda cuts out typos

He won't install winamp: i used a msi packet found on this forum  but still he doesn't install anything , i can't even find a trace of winamp in the registry while i do get an echo of installing winamp...

All are MSI Installers failing except for Daemon Tools. You are calling msiexec with Daemons Tools, use it with the others.

Wow! real big thx

the programs all work :thumbup

just a few minor errors:

i added quotes to my mIRC installation but now it asks if the location is a file or map and i has to be a map off course. anyone got an idea here ?

big thx on the hint for the reg tweaks

got a tweak file of a whopping 28 Kb :w00t:

Putting Windows on a diet B)

MHz big thx! now i'm going to drag my a** down to applications for futher help

bye all :hello:

just a few minor errors:

i added quotes to my mIRC installation but now it asks if the location is a file or map and i has to be a map off course. anyone got an idea here ?

Try these switches:

xcopy /e /i /y %systemdrive%\install\Applications\mIRC "%ProgramFiles%\mIRC"