mozilla quits

betamax

Hello all,

I just did a fresh install of xp on my machine and installed mozilla firefox as well. The problem I'm having occurs when I'm running with multiple firefox windows open. Sometime, when I close one of the windows (either by clicking the X in the upper right our double clicking the icon in the upper left) all of the other windows close as well. Yes they were other separate windows. No they were not tabs within the same window. This is an intermittent problem. That is, it's a gamble whenever I close a firefox window as to whether or not I'm going to lose all of my other firefox windows.

My guess is that firefox is either crashing or exiting for some reason. I don't get any error messages. All the windows just close. It's a fresh install of XP, installed onto a formatted NTFS partition. The rest of the computer works fine.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Is it the latest version? If not then update and install the latest.

Also, try safe mode - in the target box in your shirtcut you use to run Firefox, add -safe-mode to the end. Should look like this:

"C:\Progra...firefox.exe" -safe-mode

Safe mode basically disables everything like extensions and themes. If it works in safe mode then later on disable all your extensions and one by one enable them to see which one is causing the crashing. Hope that helps.