Having probs silent installing Icon Workshop

drscouse

Available switches...

The Axialis Installer command-line syntax includes the following options:

Option  Parameters Definition

/? or /h  Help - Displays this help screen.

/q  Quiet Mode - Installs the application quietly without user interface. If the installation failed the error code (ERRORLEVEL) returned by the install is 1. If it is successful, the returned value is 0.

/s  Desktop Shortcut - Creates a shortcut on the Desktop (to easily launch the application). The shortcut is not created by default.

/f {folder} Program Installation Folder - Specifies the folder in which the program files will be copied. The folder path must be specified between double-quotes. Example: Install /f "C:\Program Files\Axialis\The Application"

/l {folder} Librarian Installation Folder - Specifies the folder in which the Librarian files will be copied (media and sample files). Example: Install /l "C:\My Documents\Axialis Librarian"

/n  Do NOT Install Librarian Files - Permits to install the program files only, without the Librarian files.

/u {user name} User Name - Specifies the name of the licensed user (not available in shareware versions). The name must be specified between double-quotes. See end-user license agreement for more info on application deployment.

/c {company} Company Name - Specifies the name of the licensed company (not available in personal and shareware versions). The name must be specified between double-quotes. See end-user license agreement for more info on application deployment.

/k {product key} Product Key - Specifies the product key (not available in shareware versions). The key must be specified between double-quotes. See end-user license agreement for more info on application deployment.

/x  Windows® XP User Interface - Forces the installation to use a XP-like user interface. By default the UI is chosen automatically (based on Windows® version).

/w  Windows® ME/2000 User Interface - Forces the installation to use a standard ME/2000 user interface. By default the UI is chosen automatically (based on Windows® version).

Command-line Examples

1.  Install the application in quiet mode (no user input) to folder "C:\Program Files\Axialis\Test":

Install /q /f "C:\Program Files\Axialis\Test"

2.  Install the application in quiet mode to the default folder without copying the Librarian files. The Librarian folder is configured by default:

Install /q /x

3.  Install the application in quiet mode to the default folder without copying the Librarian files. The Librarian folder is configured to "//mainserver/Common Files/Librarian":

Install /q /x /l "//mainserver/Common Files/Librarian"

4.  Install the application in quiet mode. Specify the user license info:

Install /q /u "John Smith" /c "The Firm"  /k "12345678-12345-12345-12345-12345"

My entry in RunOnceEx is:
REG ADD %KEY%\011 /VE /D "Icon Workshop" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /V 00 /D "direxist \"%cdrom%\utilities\Icon Workshop\" Please insert next disk with TaskSitchXP" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /V 01 /D "\"%CDROM%utilities\Icon Workshop\IconWork.exe\" /q /u "MyName" /c "Mty Firm"  /k "MySerial"" /f

Now Im sure its because of all the "" eveywhere, but the commandline instruction says personal details must be in ""... I have tired various combinations, with no success...

Anyone help??

EDIT: I will try exporting/importing regfile.. that may work...

Edited by drscouse

• 1 month later...
Now Im sure its because of all the "" eveywhere, but the commandline instruction says personal details must be in ""... I have tired various combinations, with no success...

****!

I am so glad that someone figured this out.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you placed those backslashes.

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /V 01 /D "\"%CDROM%utilities\Icon Workshop\IconWork.exe\" /q /u "MyName" /c "Mty Firm"  /k "MySerial"\" /f

Is that right or am I missing something?

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /V 01 /D "\"%CDROM%utilities\Icon Workshop\IconWork.exe\" /q /u \"MyName\" /c \"Mty Firm\" /k \"MySerial\"" /f

Is that right or am I missing something?

Just a few more needed. I believe that should be right. A leading backslash for each internal double quote.

This is taken from my working .cmd file... took me ages to figure out the quotes!!!! Simply check the location, and enter serial number

REG ADD %KEY%\019 /V 01 /D "\"%cdrom%\UaXPsoft\IconWork\IconWork.exe\" /q /u \"NAME\" /c \"COMPANY\" /k \"SERIAL HERE\" /l \"X:\LIBRARY\IconWorkshop\"" /f
You may also need to change/remove the location /l \"X:\LIBRARY\IconWorkshop\" as this is specific to my library destinationdestination..
REG ADD %KEY%\019 /V 01 /D "\"%cdrom%\UaXPsoft\IconWork\IconWork.exe\" /q /u \"NAME\" /c \"COMPANY\" /k \"SERIAL HERE\"" /f

Just change what you need, but dont remove any further " or /...

(identical to post above)... should work fine!!

Edited by drscouse