t37 prompt for driver sgning

Nepali

the main thing is .... this is not an unattended installation

it doesn't consist winnt.sif

You can always use an answer file to change only a few features of the install, while leaving all the dialog boxes intact.

Default Windows behaviour when installing un-signed drivers is to prompt the user for confirmation. If you need to install un-signed drivers then, as far as I know, the only way to avoid this prompt during install is to use an answer file to change to Driver Signing Policy.

I have never faced this problem before,,,,,

i am surprised to see this now..

the question is why did it came now

why i need to use winnt.sif this time

It's difficult to say without more information. I'm assuming you aren't using VMWare to test an unmodified Windows CD. What have you added to the CD? Have you removed anything?

If you've removed anything, you can try putting things back one at a time to see if the prompt goes away. If you've added anything, you can try removing things one at a time until you are no longer being prompted. If you've undone all the changes you have made from the original Windows CD and are still being prompted about the driver signing policy, try installing from the original CD itself.

Alternately, you could post a list of the changes you've made here, and maybe somebody will be able to point out a likely cause for you.

Hope this helps.

not modified at all...

just it comes on the original CD..

i am testing it with multi boot.. with clean XPHOME, MEDIA, PRO

and along with

Unattended version (XP pro + Rvyan + Xpize + $oem$ + winnt.sif)

i am using VMWARE

i haven't tried in real Mode PC. Afraid to spoil CDs.

i use ultra iso to build ISO and Ezboot menu for boot menu also use optimize function of ultra iso.

i followed multibood cd/DVD guide of MSFN and GOSH

no problem at all except winXP PRO prompt for driver signing.

not modified at all...

just it comes on the original CD..

i am testing it with multi boot.. with clean XPHOME, MEDIA, PRO

and along with

Unattended version (XP pro + Rvyan + Xpize + $oem$ + winnt.sif)

i am using VMWARE

i haven't tried in real Mode PC. Afraid to spoil CDs.

i use ultra iso to build ISO and Ezboot menu for boot menu also  use optimize function of ultra iso.

i followed multibood cd/DVD guide of MSFN and GOSH

no problem at all except winXP PRO prompt for driver signing.

Seems strange to think that M$ would include un-signed drivers on their own CD, but that what it sounds like to me. I take it none of the other OS's suffer the same issue when trying to install?

Maybe there are different signatures required for the different versions of the OS, and the best match is coming from the driver set of one of the other 2 versions. This is just a guess, though; I'm really not sure why this would happen.

how does winnt.sif looks like just only to disable drivier signing procedure

An answer file configured to disable driver signing policy and nothing else would look like this:

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Save this file as WINNT.SIF and put it in the I386 directory. Be aware that the MSFN Unattended guide reports that this doesn't always work. (See here.)