How do I create a Default User profile

Create a new account with Administrative credentials and make all the settings to it that you want. Log out and log in as Administrator.

Then go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Settings (under User Profiles). Highlight the newly created account and click on Copy To. Under Add Names, put "Everyone" without the quotes and give this group full access. Save the profile to a folder.

During the setup, copy all the files in this folder to the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User folder after clearing it out. Do not delete NTUSER.DAT or ntuser.dat.LOG.

Now anyone that logs in should have the same settings as the new profile. I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it's possible that any new users that login may need Administrative credentials in order for the wallpaper to show up. It depends on where you put the wallpaper file.

Edited by Asin

Create a new account with Administrative credentials and make all the settings to it that you want.  Log out and log in as Administrator.

Then go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Settings (under User Profiles).  Highlight the newly created account and click on Copy To.  Under Add Names, put "Everyone" without the quotes and give this group full access.  Save the profile to a folder.

During the setup, copy all the files in this folder to the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User folder after clearing it out.  Do not delete NTUSER.DAT or ntuser.dat.LOG.

Now anyone that logs in should have the same settings as the new profile.  I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it's possible that any new users that login may need Administrative credentials in order for the wallpaper to show up.  It depends on where you put the wallpaper file.

i guess that is essentially what I tried. I created a Default User profile and placed all the files in $OEM$\$1\Documents and Settings\Default User. The Windows install doesn't even appear to see it. I think it may be a permissions problem, but I don't really know...

Try deleting the files in the Default User Profile and then adding new ones from the CD or something.

I ended up finding a script on the internets that involved unzipping it into the default user profile. I have no idea why, but it worked.

Thanks for the help. <3

Edited by fly